8 ounces thinly sliced roast beef (close to shaved)
1 firm tomato 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 ounce can mild green chiles, VERY well drained*
4 slices thick quality sourdough bread
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in a small skillet.
- Saute’ onions until JUST tender.
- Add green chiles and Worcestershire sauce. Drain well if there is any excess oil.
- Toss roast beef with onion mixture until heated through and well blended.
- Grill the tomatoes until cooked through.
- Butter 2 bread slices. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over butter and immediately press down gently so cheese nestles into the butter. This will form a crispier crust.
- Press bread buttered side down on hot grill.
- Add grilled tomatoes.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Top with roast beef mixture.
- Spread mayonnaise on top slices of bread and top sandwiches.
- Spread butter on top side of bread and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pressing firmly again to imbed Parmesan cheese.
- Flip sandwiches and grill until golden.