4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves minced garlic, jar
1 large bunch green onions sliced
1/4 cup seedless strawberry or raspberry jam*
3 1/2 cups strawberry pieces*
salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the jam, lime juice and vinegar.
- Pour over strawberries and onions toss together.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread into a 3 quart baking dish.
- Toss garlic and Parmesan cheese together.
- Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast and fill with garlic cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks to close or use these cool loops or band! Salt and pepper each side.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and saute’ onions. Add chicken and brown on each side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and put into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberry baking dish to oven and bake both another 15-20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink, the berries have softened and the jam mixture has thickened.
- Serve chicken with the berries over top and with Herb Rice Pilaf.
*I like to also change it out sometimes and make it with apricot pineapple jam, an 8 ounce can drained crushed pineapple and 2 cups of fresh apricot pieces.
HERB RICE PILAF
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped Vidalia onion
1/2 teaspoon each sea salt, thyme & lemon pepper
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 cups water
1/4 cup Riunite White Lambrusco
1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon chicken base
1/4 cup minced slivered almonds
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add rice and saute a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk seasonings and bouillon base into water and wine.
- Pour seasoned mixture over rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender and all liquid has been absorbed (about 20 minutes)
- Remove from heat and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in almond pieces.