HERBED BBQ CHICKEN
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
4 chicken thighs, about 1 pound*
4 chicken drumsticks, about 1 pound*
- In a small food processor mix together everything except the chicken.
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Pour herb mixture into a large ziploc bag and add chicken pieces. Marinate chciken for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Heat grill and spray with PAM for grilling especially if using skin free pieces.
- Place chicken pieces on grill, reserving the marinade.
- Cook on one side and then turning to other side. Time will vary drastically based on type of chicken pieces you are using.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat and then remove from heat.
- Brush over chicken pieces.
*I use whatever I have on hand – breasts, tenders, etc….