LEMON CREAM CHICKEN
1/3 cup WONDRA flour
salt and pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves**
3 tablespoons butter
1 KNORR chicken homestyle stock tub
3/4 cup hot water
1 cup whipping cream
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Wash and dry chicken pieces.
- Generously salt and pepper each side.
- Dredge in the flour, pressing to coat well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add chicken pieces and brown on each side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add KNORR stock and hot water, whisking into drippings until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and simmer about 10 minutes until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and whipping cream until well blended.
- Reduce heat and add mushrooms cooking about 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Simmer to desired consistency.
- Pour over chicken and mashed potatoes.
**I use thinly sliced chicken steaks which are basically chicken breasts that are sliced at least once and many times 3 times. This helps for portion control and works wonders! Since my last surgery and for medical reasons I’m supposed to eat less each meal and eat more meals. This it happens allows me to try even more recipes as long as I adjust them to feed 2.