SIMPLE CHICKEN & FEATHER DUMPLINGS
1 rotisserie chicken picked clean
chicken carcass with enough water to cover
1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped small
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup baby carrots, chopped
3 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 cup milk, room temperature
2 tablespoons butter
- Cover chicken carcass with water. Bring to a boil and reduce broth to 7 cups.
- Save 4 cups aside for making the dumplings.
- Pour 3 cups through sieve into a large saucepan. Set aside.
- Melt butter and saute’ vegetables.
- Whisk together milk and flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk milk mixture into broth mixture until well blended.
- Add in sauteed vegetables and chicken pieces.
- Simmer until desired consistency.
2 cups sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 egg, well beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup milk
- Sift together flour, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Add egg, butter and enough milk to make a moist, stiff batter.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into the boiling liquid.
- Cover and cook 15-20 minutes ~ Watch closely!