So I was poking around in the cabinet and found a can of pineapple, a can of artichoke hearts and had one of those moments where anything sounded possible. It was a great decision! These are going to be one of our new favorites.
4 boneless pork chops
8 ounce can crushed pineapple
6 ounce can pineapple juice
1 small onion, finely diced
14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained well
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread onion pieces in baking dish.
- Salt and pepper pork chops well on both sides and place on top of onions.
- Combine the artichokes, pineapple juice and pineapple in a small food processor blending until smooth.
- Pour over top pork chops.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more.
- Rest 10 minutes before shredding.
- Shred pork and toss with pineapple mixture.
- Serve with cabbage slaw and limes.