CLASSIC BEEF MEATBALLS
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 pounds ground chuck
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
4 cups of your favorite pasta sauce (I use Roasted Vegetable)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle oil into a 13 x 9 baking dish, evenly coating the surface.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beef, ricotta cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and fennel. Mix by hand until WELL blended.
- Pack the meat, rolling into golf ball size balls .
- Place balls in baking dish snugly.
- Roast 20 minutes or until cooked through and firm.
- Remove from oven and drain grease.
- Pour pasta sauce over meatballs and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with your favorite pasta.