My DIL tried this recipe via Facebook, but it was “missing” something or had too much as hers was a bit “runny”. She asked me if I’d take a look and after 2 tries I have finally adapted it into a working recipe. I’ll list the original recipe and my changes are in red.
BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS adapted Facebook recipe of unknown origin
1 pound extra lean ground chicken
2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2 eggs 1 egg
3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola crumbles
3 green onions, finely minced
1/2 cup finely ground Panko crumbs
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing for dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with heavy duty foil or parchment paper for an easier clean up.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the above ingredients until well combined.
- Form into meatballs (about 24 small ones) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- Whisk together butter and hot sauce.
- Brush sauce over meatballs liberally.
- Return to the oven for 20 minutes more.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce