Unfortunately I never got a photo of the finished inverted french toast that was oozing with yummy goodness. I used my lasagna pan to create a nice loaf style french toast.
CINNAMON RAISIN BANANA FRENCH TOAST
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
1 teaspoon Rum extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 medium bananas, ripe and sliced thin
- VERY LIGHTLY spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour sauce into bottom of prepared pan.
- Arrange banana slices evenly over the sauce.
1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cut into cubes
6 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
8 LARGE eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons PURE vanilla
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
powdered sugar, for garnish
- Layer half of the bread cubes over the bananas followed by the cream cheese cubes and the remaining bread.
- Gently press the bread down over the cream cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread mixture.
- Using a piece of wax paper press down again to GENTLY force the bread to absorb the egg mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator and bring to room temperature (about 20-30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes.
- Invert onto platter*.
- Slice and serve.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
*Because I use my lasagna pan and it’s larger than any of my platters, I use a piece of heavy duty foil wrap over the lasagna pan to invert and then use a spatula to cut arrange pieces on the platter.