Hubby rarely brings me recipes he’d like me to try, but when he does I go out of my way to please him by making them. Now the picture on the recipe he showed me looked like they used tiny little eggs and suggested 2-3 per person, but let me assure you 1-2 is more than enough!
Now when I read the recipe he brought me it was a lot labor intensive in that you had to start by making your own sausage! So, I did do a bit of change ups and he was quite happy.
Kill boar (so this is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my drift. I wasn’t going to make my own sausage). Grind Meat. Prepare sausage.
- Change mind and go grocery shopping.
1 pound ground sausage
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I used lime kaffir)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon thyme
4 soft boiled eggs (6-7 minutes in boiling water, immediately followed by cold water immersion)
- Add seasonings to sausage and mix well.
- Portion sausage into 4 pancake like patties.
- Place 1 peeled egg in the center of each one sausage pancake and wrap sausage around egg forming orbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
1 cup Panko crumbs
1 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
3 beaten eggs
- Whisk together the eggs and splash of milk until smooth.
- Dredge each egg in the following order:
- Flour followed by
- Egg Wash followed by
- Bread Crumbs followed by
- Egg Wash again followed by
- Bread crumbs
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in deep fryer ( I used my wok with 1 inch of oil)
- Fry eggs about 7 minutes (turning midway if using anything other than deep fryer)
- Rest 1 minute and serve. Yolks should be slightly runny and warm)