I ran across a little blurb of a recipe in an old pamphlet and thought about trying it. It was just weird enough that I figured it must really be good. I found it a bit plain when I first combined the ingredients and made some adjustments for us, but I’ll give you both versions (original in black with my changes in red) and let you decide.
PEANUT BUTTER PORK CHOPS
PORK CHOPS with PEANUT BUTTER GREEN CHILE CREAM GRAVY
6 large pork loin chops
1 stick butter
2 cups peanut butter 1/2 cups JIF peanut butter seasonings to taste Hawaiian pink salt & fresh ground black pepper 2 cups milk 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup green chile verde sauce (Las Palmas or Old El Paso)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops to butter and brown, searing both sides. Remove pork chops to a prepared baking dish and cover.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Add peanut butter to butter drippings, stirring to blend well.
- Add chile verde sauce, blending again.
Add milk blending together until you have a creamy gravy.Add whipping cream gradually blending until you have a creamy gravy. Pour gravy over pork chops.DON’T DO THIS! Instead make this gravy while pork chops are baking. Gravy will be creamier and tastier without going into the oven. Bake 30 minutes.