Rainy and dreary here today so I started the crock pot and the oven for some yummy new recipes. This chicken recipe turned out particularly yummy and fork tender.
ROSEMARY, PARSLEY & THYME CHICKEN
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, frozen
2 stalks celery, sliced thick
1 bag baby carrots
2 shallots, sliced
1 clove Elephant Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
several sprigs fresh thyme
several sprigs fresh rosemary
several sprigs fresh parsley
1 KNORR gel bouillon
3 tablespoons plum jelly
1/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca flakes
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups egg noodles
fresh ground pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
1 cup frozen peas
- Layer celery, carrots, shallots and garlic in bottom of crock pot.
- Salt and pepper vegetables.
- Place frozen chicken thighs on top of vegetables.
- Gather peppercorns, thyme rosemary, and parsley into a cheesecloth bag and tie shut. Add bag to crock pot.
- Whisk together wine, water, bouillon, jelly, lemon juice, and tapioca. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Add peas and egg noodles. Re-cover and cook another hour.