Today I was using up some wingettes, but I prefer to make this recipe with the boneless and skinless thighs.
GARLIC BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN adapted from Damn Delicious
8 skin-on boneless chicken thighs
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme and basil until well combined.
- Pour over the chicken in the baking dish..
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish and serve chicken immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings