WHITE BEAN & ARTICHOKE CASSOULET
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
1 pound mild Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup fresh minced Italian flat leaf parsley
14-ounce can petit diced tomatoes, basil, garlic & oregano, drained well
14-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
14-ounce can small artichoke hearts, drained and halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1 cup Moscato white wine
1 +/- cups chicken stock
2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (fresh are best)
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown the bacon until browned and crumbly in Dutch oven casserole dish. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add chicken and sausages and brown on all sides. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from fat and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add white wine and chicken stock, bringing to a boil. Turn off heat.
- Add tomatoes, beans and artichoke hearts.
- Add meat back in.
- Mix together crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, thyme and 1 tablespoon melted butter together until well blended.
- Spread crumb mixture over the top and cook covered for 45 minutes until browned.