This recipe was originally from a book for cooking with cast iron pie irons. I changed it up for an easy week night recipe. You can fill it whatever you’d like and or dip it in any sauce you like. This is a fantastically versatile recipe. Using thin sliced deli meats and cheeses works best.
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls or Pizza Dough
cooked bacon strips
baby swiss slices
aged white cheddar slices
hard salami slices
oven roasted turkey slices
Egg Butter wash
- Using two of the crescent triangles create a rectangle for each sandwich.
- Layer desired ingredients within the rectangle.
- Top with two more crescent triangles and seal edges.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until pastry is golden and cheese is melted.
- Brush with egg butter wash.
- Bake another 3-5 minutes
- Cool 2 minutes before cutting into squares and stacking.