TUNA CASSEROLE – GRANDMA STYLE
1 large cans Albacore Tuna, well drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup or 1 batch homemade cream soup (below)
1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (3/4 cup) evaporated milk
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
8 ounces Country Egg Pasta Noodles*
Crushed potato chips
- Prepare noodles per package directions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, evaporated milk, cream soup, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Mix in cheese and tuna until well blended.
- Fold in prepared noodles.
- Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake 45 minutes.
HOMEMADE CREAM SOUP
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk or other liquid (as specified in variations)
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.
*Next to making your own, these are the closest I have ever found to grandma’s homemade pasta noodles.
With leftovers I make it Tuna Melt Casserole by adding a slice of sharp white cheddar cheese before heating.