This recipe was something I was going to make while my nephew was visiting, but he became ill and lost his appetite. I finally made it tonight and realized he REALLY would have loved it! You could change this up to do chicken or pork with various vegetables quite easily. The key to the flavor was the raisins and paprika combination with this particular recipe.
BEEF & POTATO HAND PIES
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
1 small wall walla sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 medium Yukon gold potato, diced small
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 package (2 sheets) Pepperidge Farm puff pastry
Fresh ground salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cooking until soft.
- Add garlic, cooking until fragrant.
- Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat into very small pieces.
- Add potato, paprika and raisins, stirring to blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly floured work surface, gently roll out puff pastry and smooth creases.
- Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place 1/3 cup of meat mixture into center of each squae.
- Lightly brush edges with water.
- Fold over into triangles and seal edges.
- Sprinkle with more paprika.
- Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until puff pastry is golden and puffed.
- Brush with melted butter during last 5 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.