SPICY PORK & GREEN CHILI VERDE
4-6 Poblano peppers
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cans green chiles, chopped
1 large Walla Walla onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups chicken broth
shredded jack cheese
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Broil Poblano peppers until skins blister, turning quarter turns until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Place peppers in a bowl and cover for 10 minutes.
- Peel off and throw away charred skins, seeds and stems. Finely hop remaining pepper.
- In a large stock pot melt butter.
- Dust pork pieces with Wondra, shaking off excess.
- Add pork pieces and brown all sides. Remove with slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add peppers, onion and jalapeno to stock pot, cover and cook 7-10 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in chili powder, garlic, nutmeg and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add roasted peppers and pork pieces stirring to combine.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until pork is tender.
- Serve with garnishes