I’m finally getting around to a few of the recipes that have been hanging around waiting to be experimented with. This one turns out to be a great recipe for both the grill or the oven and can be frozen and pulled out to thaw for even a weeknight meal. I prefer it best on the grill and use bone-in for that.
1 bottle chili sauce (12 ounces)
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup avocado oil
10-12 garlic cloves, minced
4 DOROT basil cubes*
Salt and pepper to taste
8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless **
- Whisk together chii sauce, white wine, oil, basil and garlic until well blended.
- Prick each chicken thigh several times with a fork and place in a tupperware marinader or ziploc bag.
- Pour most of the marinade over chicken pieces. Seal and refrigerate. Refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting during the grill time.
- Turn frequently for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack/pan.
- Cover with foil and grill 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and baste pieces with marinade.
- Turn pieces and grill another 10-15 minutes until cooked through. DO NOT RECOVER.
NOTE: You can also also freeze the ziploc of chicken with 1 1/2 cups of marinade and remaining marinade in a separate small ziploc for future cooking. Just defrost overnight in the refrigerator and cook at dinner time.
*I love these frozen herb cubes. With just the two of us fresh herbs go to a huge waste many times so these are a fantastic alternative.
**Original recipe called for bone-in, skin-on thighs, but I changed it and they taste just as good.