with BALSAMIC BROWN BUTTER LEMON SAUCE
Yield: 4 servings
4 (6-ounce) sole fillets, skin removed
2 cups milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons AVOCADO oil
1 cup flour
4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
6 tablespoons butter
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
Lemon slices, for garnish
- Soak fillets in milk for 20 minutes. Remove from milk and pat dry.
- Generously season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil over a medium high heat.
- Put flour into a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off any excess flour. Dip the fillets back into the milk and then again into the flour.
- Place fillets in saute pans and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer fillets from pans to a platter, sprinkle with parsley.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add the butter.
- Heat until the butter begins to brown. Add lemon juice and cook a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve.
- Garnish with lemon slices.