WHY IT WORKS: This recipe is light and refreshing while ALSO being crisp and savory. This makes a great “company” meal.
FONTINA STUFFED CHICKEN
1 tablespoon avocado oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even 1/4 inch thin pieces
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 cup FRESH chopped Italian Parsley
1/4 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained, dried and chopped
2 large eggs
FRESH ground Himalayan pink salt and black pepper
1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, fontina cheese, bacon pieces, green onions, parsley and sun dried tomatoes until well blended.
- Season cheese mixture with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg with salt and pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture over chicken breasts.
- Roll chicken up from the shortest side and secure with toothpicks.
- Add paprika to Panko crumbs.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in Panko crumbs.
- Place chicken rolls seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Drizzle tops with the oil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes u until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.