WHY IT WORKS: The crushed red pepper in the crust gives you a bit of a bite while the sour cream sauce tempers it smoothly.
PAN SEARED COD with SOUR CREAM SAUCE
1 cod fillet per person
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 small shallot, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2-4 tablespoons rice flour
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- Whisk together the sour cream, shallots and salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice as desired.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add flour, salt and pepper to a plate.
- Pat dry the cod fillets.
- Dredge cod fillets in flour and add to sizzling oil.
- Cook 4 minutes on the first side and then flip for another 2 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve over rice or with potatoes.