TERIYAKI BEEF STIR FRY
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided 2 + 1
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound boneless round or chuck steak cut into thin 3-inch strips, seasoned well with garlic powder and pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1⁄3 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
hot cooked rice
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef slices and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat heat oil.
- Add beef and stir-fry to desired tenderness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Return beef to pan, tossing to blend with vegetables.
- Add carrots and toss to blend.
- Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, remaining cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to the pan, stirring to coat well.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve over rice.