GLAZED SESAME CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 1/2 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 LARGE egg, beaten
1/2 cup rice flour
1 red pepper, diced or sliced small
3 green onions, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tablespoon honey
1 large can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
1 +2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/2 pound spaghetti noodles or Soba noodles, prepared al dente’
- Drain pineapple retaining ALL the juice.
- Generously season chicken steaks with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Dredge chicken pieces first in beaten egg and then rice flour.
- Heat wok or skillet to medium high.
- Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil and coat pan well.
- Add chicken pieces and sear on all sides JUST until done.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add additional sesame oil and heat.
- Add broccoli florets and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and garlic and cook until pepper is tender.
- Add green onion.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, Hoisin sauce and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add sauce mixture to the wok. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add in pineapple.
- Cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add chicken pieces back in and toss to coat.
- Add noodles and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
This is my original recipe and it is great, but today I made thin chicken steaks because I already had them in the fridge, but much prefer the original bite size pieces – they get so much more flavor cooking that way.