I got this recipe from a friend when we were in Michigan in 2006. Evidently, it was ALL the rage back there several years before, but I’d never heard of it before. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup Wondra flour for dredging
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons AVOCADO oil
2 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup champagne**
- Generously salt and pepper each breast.
- Lightly dredge chicken breasts with WONDRA flour
- In a large skillet, lightly brown chicken breasts to a nice golden brown in oil.
- Once browned on both sides, add onions, mushrooms and champagne.
- Cook over medium heat, champagne should boil a little, for approximately 1/2 hour. When chicken is tender, transfer chicken to a platter.
- Pour cream into skillet.
- Simmer about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Serve.
NOTE** For a twist I will sometimes use a flavored Moscato instead of champagne.