Here is a tasty reduced version of the original Marry Me Chicken. The salt, pepper, brown sugar and Kahlua flavors meld together to form a sweet nutty taste on the mushrooms that melts in your mouth.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Pink Moscato champagne
- Generously salt and pepper each breast.
- Lightly dredge chicken breasts with flour.
- In a large skillet, lightly brown chicken breasts to a nice golden brown in oil.
- Once browned on both sides, add onions and champagne.
- Cook over medium heat, champagne should boil a little, for approximately 1/2 hour. When chicken is tender, transfer chicken to a platter.
- Pour cream into skillet. Simmer about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Serve.
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Mocha Kahlua
- Melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add mushroom slices and saute’ until mushrooms are softened and starting to brown well.
- Add salt, pepper, brown sugar and Kahlua, sauteing until well coated.