1/3 pound ground pork
1/3 pound ground chuck
1/3 pound bacon, diced
3-4 cups tater tots
4 ounce can green chiles
1/4 + 1/4 cup salsa
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
4 green onions, 2 sliced, 2 minced
1 serrano chile, seeded, de-veined and finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet fry bacon until browned and crumbly. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Bake tater tots until completely crisp while you are making the meat.
- Add pork and beef to bacon grease and brown until cooked through and crumbly.
- Pour off excess grease from meats.
- Add green chiles, 1/4 cup salsa, half of the green onions and taco seasoning, stirring to combine well and cooking for several minutes to blend flavors.
- Drain meat well of excess grease.
- Sprinkle meat over prepared tater tots.
- Top evenly with grated cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes, remaining green onions, serrano chiles, salsa and sour cream.