Another fun find on facebook that I altered to out taste. I mean who doesn’t like a snickerdoodle? and caramel? and cinnamon sugar? Put them all together and you have something really special for the fall season.
CARAMEL STUFFED AUTUMN SNICKERDOODLES yields 12 cookies adapted from DELISH
3/4 cup spiced apple cider
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
Cinnamon sugar, for rolling
12 unwrapped caramel candies, cut into 4 pieces each
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple cider to a simmer, cooking until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, molasses and apple cider mixing until well blended.
- Add flour and mix JUST until combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball then flatten it slightly with your hand.
- Press 4 caramel pieces into the center of the dough, covering and sealing the caramel entirely with dough.
- Reshape it into a ball and roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough and caramels.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges and set in the middle, 10-14 minutes.
- Let cool for on pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.