Christmas is right around the corner so I thought I’d share one of my favorite holiday recipes. My great aunt who I only got to see a couple times a year used to make these every year special for me and I would wait out on the front steps for her arrive just to see them and know they were there. She always made them soooooooooo pretty and perfect! They are delicious and they are a quick, easy, no bake treat and they’re so pretty to add to the cookie & candy tray selections.
CORN FLAKE HOLLY WREATHS
(these are better when they are made a few days ahead)
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon green food color
3 1/2-4 cups cornflakes
Red Hots or sprinkles for decorating
- Combine marshmallows, butter, vanilla and food color in top of double boiler.
- Heat and stir frequently until well blended.
- Gradually stir in cornflakes until well blended.
- Drop onto wax paper and arrange into wreath shapes. I plop them onto the wax paper and then push out from the center to form the wreaths.
- Decorate with red hots.
- Let cool.
- If your house is warm – chill in refrigerator until set.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.