4 cups mashed bananas
4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure Madagascar vanilla extract
Juice of 1 large lemon
- Combine ingredients together and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until your boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer until nice and thick, stirring frequently.
- Pour into sterilized jars and water bath for 10 minutes.
- Once open, refrigerate.
I’ve already added pineapple for a varied flavor and caramel for an ice cream topping. Next is turning it into a Banana Cream Pie.
And OMG you have to try it on sourdough toast with JIF peanut butter.
Then a few weeks later I was searching through my box of tricks, er recipes for tailgating recipes I wanted to try and found a recipe for BANANA FOSTERS BUTTER. It just screamed out for me to try it. It was fantastic too and great on Peanut Butter Toast.
BANANA FOSTERS BUTTER
8 ripe, firm large bananas
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons light rum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mash bananas until smooth. Transfer bananas to a pot.
- Stir in sugars, lemon juice, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jars clean, add lids and rings.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Submitted to FULL PLATE THURSDAY @Miz Helen’s Country Cottage.