BAKED HONEY LIME CHICKEN adapted from Dinner Then Dessert
With just 4 total ingredients these chicken thighs are first browned and then baked in the same skillet which results in PERFECT crispy, sweet and a little sour tender chicken that looks like you slaved over a hot grill.
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
2 limes, 1- zested and juiced, 1-halved
5 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Whisk together the Bragg’s liquid aminos, honey, lime juice and lime zest.
- Add chicken thighs to a ziploc bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag and rub marinade into chicken.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron or oven ready skillet over medium high heat.
- Using tongs add the chicken to the skillet and brown with the skin side down for 3-5 minutes. Reserve marinade.
- Flip the chicken over so the skin side is up.
- Add on the remaining marinade and halved lime.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
NOTE: This recipe also works with any other type of citrus – lemon, tangerine, blood orange, grapefruit…
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.