CABBAGE ROLL SOUP
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 cup cooked rice or uncooked pasta
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cups V-8 juice
8 ounces tomato sauce
2 cans original Rotel tomatoes with juice
+/- 8 ounces beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1 small head cabbage, chopped
- In a large dutch oven, brown hamburger.
- Drain hamburger in colander over a paper plate and paper toweling to catch grease.
- Add onion and garlic to dutch oven, sautéing until soft and fragrant.
- Add V-8, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and broth, stirring to blend.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over low heat 1-2 hours.
- Add cabbage and simmer 1 hour more.
- Add pasta and simmer 20 minutes more until pasta is tender or add cooked rice and simmer 5 minutes until rice is heated through.
NOTE: If you like it thinner like soup, add more broth.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.