MAPLE GINGER CHICKEN
4 bone-in chicken thighs
3/4 cup apple cider
1/2 cup PURE maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 shallot, finely sliced
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
4 sprigs FRESH thyme leaves (Rosemary works too in a pinch)
3/4 teaspoon FRESH ground salt
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground pepper
3 medium apples or pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- Place a large Ziploc bag in a large mixing bowl (just win case the bag breaks)
- Combine the apple cider, maple syrup, vinegar, shallot, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, seal and refrigerate for 12-24 hours, turning once or twice to make sure chicken is well coated.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Arrange chicken pieces skin side up in a large baking dish.
- Tuck apples and thyme sprigs among the chicken pieces.
- Pour marinade over top of the chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour, basting occasionally until chicken is cooked through and the meat is starting to pull away from the bone.
- Serve chicken and fruit with sauce spooned over top.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.