HOT CHOCOLATE SOUFFLES makes 8-6 ounce servings
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
6 LARGE eggs
1/2 + 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray each ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using the 1/4 cup sugar, sprinkle each ramekin with sugar, coating evenly.
- Place ramekins inside a LARGE baking dish.
- Separate eggs into separate mixing bowls.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sugar to the egg yolks, beating with mixer until light, fluffy and really thick. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
- Stir cream and vanilla into chocolate until smooth.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate mixture one third at a time. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy, but NOT stiff, 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in tablespoon of sugar, beating 1 minutes more until whites are shiny and firm, but still NOT overly stiff.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture one third at a time, blending well.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly into prepared ramekins.
- Place baking dish in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes without disturbing them. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!! Souffles should be puffed up and cracking on the top and should ONLY be slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
NOTE: Souffles can be prepared and refrigerated until ready to bake, but they will need to be baked longer (20-23 minutes).
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.