BISCUITS AND SAUSAGE GRAVY BAKE
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 tablespoon avocado oil
5 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Wondra flour
3 cups milk
FRESH ground salt and pepper
1 can Pillsbury JUMBO biscuits
1 small bunch green onions, chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (hubby like sharp – I prefer medium)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and cook until completely browned and crumbly.
- Drain sausage in colander until free of oil.
- Return pan to heat and add butter.
- Whisk in flour until a golden roux appears.
- SLOWLY add milk, whisking constantly until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage pieces.
- Coat 11×7 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place dish on baking pan to catch any drips.
- Separate biscuits and then separate each biscuit in half so you have 16 pieces.
- Place 8 halves in baking dish.
- Cover with half the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle half the green onions over the sausage.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
NOTE: CAN EASILY BE MADE INTO INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS & I OFTEN SERVE IT WITH AN EGG ON TOP.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.