For a nice change of pace in the spring and summer I try to make lighter AND healthier dishes. I ran across this recipe at the dentist office and instantly fell in love after a few adjustments for our tastes, especially with my new restrictive diet! I’m ALWAYS looking for more flavor and it has been hard to come by – until now!
CARROT ORECCHIETTE serves 4
1 pound large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2+2 tablespoons cup avocado oil
4 ounces dry orecchiette pasta
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3-4 sprigs FRESH thyme
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped chives
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil or a silicone mat.
- Add carrots to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons avocado oil.
- Generously season with the salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat well.
- Spread carrots onto baking sheet in an even layer.
- Nestle thyme sprigs randomly into carrots.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until tender and carrots are beginning to curl at the edges.
- While carrots are roasting cook pasta per package directions. DO NOT ADD THE SALT OR FAT.
- Drain pasta WELL.
- Add pasta to large mixing bowl.
- Add vinegar, 2 tablespoons avocado oil.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- Add carrots and GENTLY toss again.
- Divide among the plates.
- Top with chives and Parmesan cheese.