LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN
The lemon cream sauce mixed with fresh vegetables, garlic and Parmesan cheese team up perfectly with the tender and juicy chicken for a delectable savory meal that will have you coming back for second helpings!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided 2+1
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small bunch green onions, sliced
10-12 button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
Splash of dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside to rest.
While the chicken is resting melt remaining butter in the skillet.
- Add onions and mushrooms, sautéing until soft and mushrooms are beginning to caramelize.
- Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 2 more minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, splash of wine and thyme. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add in the spinach and parsley and simmer until the spinach and parsley have wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Continue to cook the sauce about 5 minutes or so until the sauce thickens.
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the dish, cover and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with buttered noodles or over mashed potatoes.