CHEESY ARTICHOKE CHICKEN serves 2
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin (1/8 inch)
6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained WELL and chopped small
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
2 green onions, sliced thin
4 thin slices Provolone cheese
2 tablespoons avocado oil
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine artichoke heart pieces, parsley, garlic and green onions.
- Generously season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 cheese slices.
- Top cheese with artichoke mixture and spread evenly.
- Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- In an ovenproof skillet heat avocado oil and turning frequently sear chicken bundles until golden.
- Place skillet in preheated oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice into roulades and serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.