4 hot dogs
1/2 cup Bisquick or other pancake mix (DO NOT USE GLUTEN FREE)
2 tablespoons water
Oil for frying (enough to MOSTLY cover hot dogs)
- Poke a 1/2 skewer through half a hot dog. Spiral cut by diagonally placing your knife against the hot dog while rotating. CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH WHILE CONSTANTLY TURNING SKEWER TO GET A SPIRAL CUT.
- Spread open to create a space between the slits.
- Combine Bisquick with water.
- Divide mix into 8 portions.
- Roll the dough out into a 4 inch strip. Roll the dough around the hot dog between the meat edges.
- In a large pan (preferably cast iron) heat oil to 325°. Fry for 2-3 minutes, turning as necessary.
- Serve with your favorite condiments or some tornado sauce.
1/4 cup jalapeño ketchup
2 tablespoons cup mustard
- Whisk together and enjoy!