LEMON BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS
4-6 inch pieces of puff pastry
1 lemon, juiced
2 cups small wild blueberries
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk egg.
- In a medium bowl stir together the blueberries, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of
- the powdered sugar.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on the parchment paper several inches apart.
- Drain blueberries for a couple minutes.
- Lightly brush the edges of the puff pastry.
- With a slotted spoon divide the blueberry mixture among the puff pastry pieces.
- Gently fold a corner over to form a triangle and secure edges by firmly pressing the edges together with your fingers.
- Brush the outside of the turnovers with the beaten egg.
- Make a 1 inch slice on the top of each turnover.
- Bake the turnovers 14-18 minutes until golden, turning the pan half way through.
- While the turnovers are baking, make the glaze.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. If too thick add a bit more lemon juice.
- When turnovers are done, let cool at least 10 minutes before drizzling glaze over top.
NOTE: I like to use the juice that drain off the blueberries.