While this is NOT a salad, it is STILL refreshing and YUMMY!
CBLT PASTA with GARLIC BREAD CRUMBS in WINE SAUCE
4 ounces fettuccine
1 cup cubed day old baguette bread
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 1/2 cup shredded chicken pieces
1 leek, sliced
1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup white moscato wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1 cup FRESH spinach
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Drain WELL and keep warm.
- In a food processor pulse garlic and bread cubes until crumbs form.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Add crumbs and toast until golden, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Add leeks and sauce 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes, sautéing another 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add broth, wine and vinegar. Simmer until reduced by at least a third.
- Add spinach, stirring just until spinach wilts.
- Fold in bacon and fettuccine noodles.
- Divide between 2 pasta bowls.
- Sprinkle with crumbs and Parmesan cheese.