CHERRY BALSAMIC PORK CHOPS
2 boneless center cut pork chops
1 shallot, sliced thin
FRESH ground sea salt and pepper
1 tablespoon white moscato wine
2 tablespoons cherry jam
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a drizzle avocado oil in heavy cast iron pan.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add to pan and sear 3-4 minutes per side until ALMOST cooked through.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan.
- Add shallots and sauce until browned.
- Add vinegar into pan and simmer until reduced.
- Add cherry jam and wine, breaking apart any large clumps.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Add butter, stirring to melt.
- Add pork chops back to pan, turning to coat. Cook another couple minutes until cooked through.
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup minced onions
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons white moscato wine
2 cups FRESH diced pineapple (about 1/2 a pineapple)
6 ounce can pineapple juice (I sometimes use pineapple orange)
1/2 cup QUALITY honey
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I like to use champagne vinegar)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons FRESH minced parsley
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and ginger, cooking until softened.
- Add wine, increase heat and cook until wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the pineapple pieces, pineapple juice and honey, stirring to combine well. Bring to a SLOW boil. Reduce
- heat and simmer until liquid is about half gone.
- Season with salt and red pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and cornstarch.
- Fold vinegar mixture into saucepan.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve in parfait cups.