HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN
2 skin on Chicken legs with thigh meat attached or 6 thighs
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 ounce sriracha sauce
2 tablespoons QUALITY honey
2 green onions, sliced thin – whites and greens separate
2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid aminos
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cover a baking sheet in foil and set aside.
- Heat heavy cast iron pan over medium high heat.
- Drizzle avocado oil in pan and spread to coat.
- Generously season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, skin side down. Cook 7-8 minutes until skin is crisp and golden.
- Turn chicken and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Place chicken on baking sheet skin side up.
- Roast chicken for 15 minutes.
- Add onion whites and sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in liquid aminos, honey and sriracha to taste.
- Stir collecting any browned bits from the bottom. Let bubble 2-3 minutes until thick and sticky.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Brush sauce over chicken pieces.
- Return to oven and roast another 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and brush with glaze again.
- Plate chicken over prepared rice.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce and serve immediately.