PORK CHOPS with PEPPER JELLY SAUCE adapted from Nibble Me This who adapted it from Southern Living – serves 4
4 boneless pork chops, 1″ thick
1 teaspoon FRESH ground salt
3/4 teaspoon FRESH ground pepper
3 tablespoons butter, divided
3 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 shallot, sliced
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with the boil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops, and sear 4 minutes; turn and sear 4 more minutes.
- Remove from skillet and add pork chops to baking sheet in oven and bake 5-8 minutes.
- Add shallots and bell pepper to skillet, sautéing until slightly soft.
- Sprinkle with flour, stirring constantly 1 to 2 minutes or until flour is golden brown.
- Deglaze skillet with wine and cook another minute or two.
- Add chicken broth, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Whisk in pepper jelly until melted and smooth.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Season to taste with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Return pork to skillet; turning to coat.
- Serve pork with sauce.