These can be done inside, but are best when done on the grill!
HONEY GLAZED PORK CHOPS
2 boneless pork chops, at least 1″ thick
2-4 tablespoons pork chop rub (see recipe below)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons creamed honey (you can get this at Trader Joes)
- Season all sides of the chops with the Pork Chop Rub
- Heat grill 350-375°.
- Grill the chops on the first side for 2 minutes.
- Flip and grill the second side for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the molasses and creamed honey.
- Flip back to the first side and grill for 2 more minutes (6 minutes total). At the very end of those two minutes, glaze some of the creamed honey on both chops.
- Flip, glaze again, and let finish cooking for 2 minutes (8 minutes total at this point).
- Let rest 10 minutes under a foil tent.
- These are crispy and a little sticky on the outside and juicy & tender on the inside!
- When selecting pork chops, look for ones that deeper red in color as opposed to pale – you want chops with the MOST color.
- If you can’t find creamed honey locally, just use a good local honey.
PORK CHOP RUB ala NIBBLE ME THIS based on Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ Book (makes 1 cup and will keep 6 months in an airtight container)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup smoked paprika
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 teaspoons black pepper, smoked
1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoons allspice
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme