MELTING POTATOES serves 4
1 1/2 pounds Yukon potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon FRESH minced thyme
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Cut of potato ends so they are flat.
- Slice each potato 1 inch slices.
- Whisk together the butter, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Toss potatoes in butter mixture.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Roast potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Use a metal spatula to loosen and flip potatoes.
- Return to oven and roast another 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the chicken broth and garlic.
- Flip potatoes again.
- Add chicken broth and garlic to pan.
- Return to oven and roast another 25 minutes until potatoes are cooked through and sauce has reduced.
- Spoon a small amount of sauce over each potato as you serve it.
- Top with minced parsley.