BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE
1 cup all purpose flour + 1 tablespoon
1 tablespoon for dusting
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Stevia in the raw
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup frozen small wild blueberries DO NOT THAW
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour dust 13×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- Sift together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer.
- Add Stevia and brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating JUST until blended in.
- Reduce mixer speed. Add flour mixture and milk alternately until well blended.
- GENTLY toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Fold blueberries GENTLY into batter.
- GENTLY spread batter into prepared baking dish.
2/3 cup frozen small wild blueberries DO NOT THAW
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss blueberries in the sugar mixture.
- Scatter blueberries and sugar evenly on top of batter.
- Bake cake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10-15 minutes before cutting.
NOTE: You can use FRESH berries. But, if using FROZEN berries DO NOT THAW!! Thawing the berries makes them too watery and will turn your batter blue.