HONEY TOMATO CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 large shallot, halved and finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
pinch ground ginger
1 large tub cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 rustic cut tomatoes in sauce
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
2 tablespoons QUALITY honey
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
chopped Italian parsley, garnish
- Melt butter and oil over medium high heat in saute casserole.
- Generously season chicken pieces with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to casserole and sear 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add onions, garlic, cinnamon, ginger and grape tomatoes to casserole, sauteing until tomatoes begin to bubble.
- Add Marsala wine and rustic cut tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until tomato mixture resemble a thickened puree.
- Add honey and blend well, simmering a couple minutes more.
- Season to taste.
- Add chicken pieces in, turning to coat.
- Serve over prepared pasta.
NOTE: This recipe was originally written for bone in chicken. If you prefer bone in adjust the directions so that the simmer time on the sauce includes the chicken in the pan for 1 hour so chicken is cooked through.