HEARTY BEEF SOUP
1 pound chuck roast, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons Wondra flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend (see below)
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large shallot, halved, sliced and chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
1 carrots, chopped
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup pasta
- Heat butter and avocado oil in a skillet over a medium high heat.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a ziploc bag.
- Dredge beef pieces in flour mixture, shaking off the excess before adding to the hot oil. Sear beef on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon add beef to dutch oven.
- Add celery, carrots and shallots to skillet and quickly saute before adding to the dutch oven.
- Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and wine, stirring to combine.
- Simmer on low 2 hours.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add pasta and simmer 1 hour more.
ITALIAN SEASONING BLEND
1 1/2 tablespoons dried rosemary
3 tablespoons dried oregano
3 tablespoons dried basil
1 1/2 tablespoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried sage
- Blend together and store in an air tight bottle.