CHICKEN & ONIONS in WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 small Vidalia onion, halved and sliced
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup champagne
- Generously salt and pepper each breast.
- Lightly dredge chicken breasts with flour.
- In a large skillet, lightly brown chicken breasts to a nice golden brown in oil.
- Once browned on both sides, add onions and champagne.
- Cook over medium heat, champagne should come to a SLOW boil. Reduce to simmer for approximately 15 minutes hour.
- When chicken is tender, transfer chicken to a platter.
- Pour cream into skillet. Simmer about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Serve.